Propst Arena, Von Braun Center
Dear Parents/Guardians and Members of the Class of 2021,
On behalf of the Madison County Board of Education and Sparkman High School, I would like to congratulate you on reaching this point in your academic career. In order to have a dignified graduation ceremony of which you can be proud, certain expectations have been established:
- Students must arrive at the VBC no later than 45 minutes before their assigned ceremony on Tuesday, May 25th and must report to the East Hall for temperature check. Line-up will start at 10:45 am for A-J and 1:15 pm for K-Z. Due to new security procedures at VBC and VBC and CDC guidelines, parents and guests will not be allowed to enter until 45 minutes prior to the ceremony.
- Students who fail to comply with the assigned dress code will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony.
- Personal items, including purses and cell phones are prohibited on the floor of the VBC during the graduation ceremony.
- Students must walk in a dignified manner during the processional, moving to and across the stage to receive their diploma cover, and during the recessional.
- Students may pick up their diploma at Sparkman High School on Wednesday, May 26th: 9:00-9:45 A-G; 9:45-10:30 H-O; and 10:30-11:15 P-Z.
In order to maintain a safe environment for all, students and parents must not bring or use any “celebratory items” at any time during the ceremony or after receiving their diploma cover. “Celebratory items” include, but are not limited to, silly string, toilet paper, noisemakers, and inflatable items. Administration reserves the right to determine what behaviors will be determined unsuitable for the occasion. The ceremony will be filmed and reviewed by administration. For a student who chooses not to comply with the safety guidelines, the following consequences will result:
- All counselor and administrator recommendations will be revoked.
- The student will complete 40 hours of community service to be determined, assigned, and completion approved by school administration.
- Diplomas will be held until the completion and approval of the community service hours.
For additional information concerning graduation, please view our website at https://sparkmanhigh.mcssk12.org/.