The Madison County School System is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website for students, parents, and members of the community, including those with disabilities.
MCSS strives to comply with best practices and standards as defined by:
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973,
- Title II of the Americans with Disability Act,
- Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA Guidelines. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for all persons, including those with disabilities.
The District’s website includes a variety of accessibility features including:
- Google Language Translation tool on every MCSS webpage. This tool is located in the top left-hand corner of every webpage.
- Alternate text descriptions for images unless they are decorative in nature.
- Closed captioning for video content through YouTube.
- Limited use of text-based images(graphics) without alternate text descriptions.
- Logical tabbing sequence for keyboard-driven navigation.
- High color contrast option- button to access this feature is at the top of every MCSS website.
If you would like additional assistance or are unable to access content on the District’s website, please complete our online Website Feedback form. You may also email email@example.com for assistance. Please include your full name, description of the problem encountered, web address of the material you tried to access, and contact information in case more details are needed (email and phone number).
If you have difficulty communicating with us because you do not speak English please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities can call the Alabama Relay Service at:
- 800.548.2546 (TTY) for assistance contacting Madison County Schools at 256.852.2557
Free language assistance or other aids and services are available upon request. Please email email@example.com