Dual enrollment affords a student the opportunity to enroll in a post-secondary institution while attending high school for the purpose of earning credits toward a high school diploma and a post-secondary degree.
The Madison County School System currently holds a partnership with the following collegiate institutions:
- Calhoun Community College
- J.F. Drake State Technical and Community College
- The University of Alabama - Huntsville
- Auburn First
- Jacksonville State University
- UA Early College
- UNA Early College
Before enrolling in any post-secondary courses, a student must meet with his/her counselor and be approved to enroll in the Dual Enrollment program.
A student must meet the following requirements to be eligible for participation.
- Must have completed all required courses for grades 9 and 10.
- Must have a “B” average in completed high school courses.
- Must be able to pay tuition.
- Must provide own transportation.
More information on Dual Enrollment may be found in the Madison County High School Academic Guide