Library Rules & Procedures
Welcome to the NMS library page. Here, you may find information about our checkout procedures and loan periods, and about the librarian. This site is also where you can check a book's reading level.
- Be quiet and considerate.
- Keep food and drinks away from books.
- Do not write in library books.
- Ask the librarian or library helper for help.
- Handle books carefully.
- Return library books on time.
- Students in Pre-K – 1st may check out one book.
- Students in 2nd – 6th grades may check out two books.
- Books are due two weeks after checkout. No other books may be checked out by a student who has checked out their limit or who has an overdue book.
- Students are responsible for the cost of lost or damaged books.
- Students should not trade or “share” books due to the books being checked out in their names.
- All books should be returned in the book return, not placed on the counter.
- Students will check out books using their lunch number as a patron number/id.