Becoming active in a school’s parent group is an important way to increase involvement. Involvement also encompasses:
- Setting goals with children and fostering achievement of those goals;
- Accessing and using children’s academic scores to ensure they’re on track;
- Frequently viewing the parent portal (or whichever tool their school uses);
- Developing a relationship with children’s teachers and keeping in touch with them often; and
- Advocating for improvements in the school building and with local school boards and state and federal government to ensure schools have the resources they need to provide a world class education to every student.