Parent Technology Academy
Everything you need to know to use our tools effectively!
Click the icons for information
- Accelerated Reader- Engaging quizzes and activities help hone students' reading skills with authentic practice—encouraging growth.
- Alabama Virtual Library(AVL)- AVL provides ad-free, safe, and reliable information from databases for all Alabama residents 24/7 free of charge. AVL is a legislated entity that is funded by the state's Education Trust Fund.
- Canvas LMS- Canvas streamlines all the digital tools and content that teachers and students love, for a simpler and more connected learning experience.
- Chromebooks- A laptop or tablet running the Linux-based Chrome OS as its operating system. The devices are primarily used to perform a variety of tasks using the Google Chrome browser, with most applications and data residing in the cloud rather than on the machine itself
- Clever- A one-stop shop that houses your child’s access to Google Classroom, Accelerated Reader, Canvas LMS, Fast ForWord, AVL, GMail, and Google Drive.
- Google Classroom- Free collaboration tool for teachers and students. Teachers can create an online classroom, invite students to the class then create and distribute assignments.
- Google Drive- File storage and synchronization service developed by Google. All students in the Madison County School System have access to their own Google Drive account.
- Renaissance myON Reader - A personalized digital library at your student's fingertips! MyON Reader provides access to thousands of high-quality, high-interest digital books with built-in scaffolds to support readers at every level. Think of Netflix but with books! The more your child reads and rates books, the more tailored recommendations myON provides your child for future reading.
- SchoolsPLP - A learning management system (LMS) used by Madison County Schools for remote learning which houses students' courses and lessons.
Where Should You Direct Your Questions?
If you have questions about your child's curriculum or classroom expectations, please contact your child's classroom teacher. Email is the best form of contact. Teacher email links can be found on the staff directory of the schools' websites located HERE.(Click on "Our Schools +" on the right of the page to locate your child's school's staff directory.)
This site will continuously be updated as changes occur in platform functionality and as parents' needs change based on tools used by the district. Check this page often for any updates that have been posted. This site serves to support the teachers, students, and parents of Madison County Schools. We are all in this together.
Also follow us on social media to stay abreast of the most current parent information for the district.