We're powering up for the 2023-2024 school year, and we can't wait for another year of excellence with our MCSS Family! This Back to School Dashboard contains links to important information and resources to help you get this year off to an excellent start! The first day of school for students is Wednesday, August 2, 2023.
Don't forget! Get your required immunizations before school starts!The Madison County Health Department's Back-to-School Walk-in Vaccine Clinic will be July 17th-August 4th, 8 AM- 3 PM at 301 Max Luther Drive, Huntsville, AL 35811.
A list of required immunizations can be found on page 66 of the MCSS Parent & Student Handbook.
- New Alabama residents will need a copy of vaccine records
- No insurance required
- No appointment is necessary. First come, first serve.
High Schools: 8:30 AM- 3:30 PM
- Exception: Sparkman 9th Grade School: 8:20 AM- 3:20 PM
Middle Schools: 8:30 AM- 3:30 PM
Elementary Schools: 7:30 AM- 2:30 PM
- Lynn Fanning Elementary School: 7:25 AM- 2:25 PM
- Moores Mill Intermediate School: 7:35 AM- 2:35 PM
- Owens Cross Roads Elementary School: 7:40 AM- 2:40 PM
- Riverton Intermediate: 7:40 AM- 2:40 PM
Madison County Virtual Academy: 8:30 AM- 3:30 PM
PACE: 8:00 AM- 3:00 PM
NOTE: Kindergarten and Pre-K students will 'phase in' during the first week of school. Your local school will provide information on your child's specific day to attend August 2-4. All Pre-K and Kindergarten students will attend on Monday, August 7.