Monrovia MS Library-Media Center
Welcome to Monrovia MS Library-Media Center
"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it feels about education."
- Harold Howe
The mission of the Monrovia Middle library is to provide a learning environment that is conducive to learning. The mission is accomplished by:
1. Providing resources that enhance classroom learning through use of varied resources to prepare students for lifetime use of libraries and information sources.
2. Providing a broad range of resources that are diverse and developmentally appropriate.
3. Providing a well maintained and varied collection for both students and faculty
4. Stimulating interest in reading.
5. Working with teachers to design learning strategies to meet the needs of students.
About the MMS Media CenterThe Monrovia Middle Media Center is a large library of approximately 10,000 fiction and nonfiction books. The Library also hosts a computer lab and several AV resources for the faculty of Monrovia Middle School. The Library offers open access to students throughout the day and a curriculum of Information Science courses to various classes.
Computer Use in the Library
1. Students must have a signed Acceptable Use Policy form on file.
2. Students are not to access non-school or personal internet accounts from school.
3. Students are not to play internet games on the computer.
4. Students must document all internet sources when used for research.
5. Students must not change settings or download anything on the library computers.
6. Students must print out school work only.