The mission of the Student Services Department is to Engage, Encourage, and Empower all students and their families. (E3)
We engage, encourage, and empower all students by fostering a safe and equitable community built on positive relationships. Our success depends on collaborative partnerships and collective resources designed to promote excellence through the development of the whole child.
The Student Services Department supports schools to address enrollment, attendance, discipline, and social services concerns and needs. Please contact the Student Services Department if you have questions or concerns or need assistance interpreting any Madison County School policy and/or procedure in these areas.
The Student Services Department of Madison County Schools manages a variety of supports to enhance the well being of our students. These supports are designed to fulfill the emotional, physical, social, and instructional needs of our students. The department works with the schools, parents, and community partners to create positive emotional climates that help students maximize their potential in the education setting.
- Social Workers
- School-based Therapists
- At-Risk Services
- School Nurses
- Student Enrollment
- Student Attendance
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act
- Juvenile Court and other Community Agencies Liaison
- Section 504 Coordinator
- District Hearing Officer
- Foster Care Liaison
- Title IX and ADA Compliance Officer
If your family is living in any of the following situations, please contact Keith Trawick, the MCSS Homeless Liaison at 256.852.2557 or your school social worker.
- Temporarily staying with others due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or similar reason;
- Living in an emergency or transitional shelter;
- Living in a hotel, motel, trailer park, or campground due to a lack of adequate alternative accommodations; or
- Living in car, park, public building, bus or train station, or similar setting.
Supervisor of Student Services
256.852.2557 ext. 61715